What to do about intimidating neighbours Online privat servis chat

Posted by / 16-Oct-2019 15:00

If you are unable to resolve a neighbour dispute or have experienced any kind of anti-social behaviour (see below) whether with a neighbour or in your local neighbourhood then please report the problem to us and the relevant authority (see the 'who to involve' table below).

It’s important to involve these authorities because sometimes we need their help to take action. You can keep alerted to problems in your local area by signing up to Online Watch Link.

Check insurance policies as these sometimes include free advice.

Your first step should be to discuss the problem with your neighbour. Agree that you can bring a friend or adviser with you if needed and make a note of what you discuss.

A professional mediator will set up a meeting with you and your neighbour to discuss the issues and try to find the best outcome for both parties.There is excellent advice about what to do about anti-social behaviour and who to involve on the Citizens Advice website.Most neighbours are easy going law-abiding citizens, but occasionally you may encounter those that prevent you from enjoying a peaceful life in your own home.Contact the local authority if your friendly chat hasn’t worked.Bear in mind that if you report a nuisance neighbour to the council it will be on record and may make it harder for you to sell your house in the future.

what to do about intimidating neighbours-6what to do about intimidating neighbours-67what to do about intimidating neighbours-4